Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral – Belfast
With new initiatives across the UK, the Exercise referral course will ensure that you can take those most at risk from adverse effects of exercise. This qualification will ensure that you can now generate additional revenue.
One day with an experienced tutor plus one practical assessment
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Professional practice for exercise referral instructors
- Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral
- Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
- Instructing exercise with referred patients
What you will learn
- Pathophysiology – diseases progression and the associated functional changes i.e. death of tissue, pathophysiology of specified medical conditions (cardiac, respiratory, vascular, metabolic, systemic, body composition, orthopaedic, hormonal, psychological).
- Clinical signs – of specified medical conditions (e.g. blood pressure, blood tests, respiratory, anthropometric, X-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), physical measures/observations, movement), GP diagnosis.
- Symptoms – how the disease manifests itself from a patient’s perspective, changes in, for example, breathing, sleep, lethargy, urination, vision, swelling, weight loss/ gain, appetite, fractures, pain, aches, behaviour, concentration, heart rate, sweating, development of headaches, fever, dizziness, stomach disorders.
- Common causes of specified medical conditions: Biological and psychological disorders, risk factors associated with each
specified medical condition.
- Modifiable risk factors – smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidaemia, physical inactivity, type 2 diabetes, obesity, stress, fibrogen levels.
- Non-modifiable risk factors – age, gender, family history, ethnic origin, type 1 diabetes.
Practical assessment – Take your client (friend) through a programme you design
No written exam
Our courses are Internationally Accredited through an OFQUAL Awarding Body and are REPS recognised. You will receive a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
Level 2 Fitness Instructor Course
UK and Ireland wide
20 REPs points